Sunday, June 13, 2010

Spring Retreat 2010?

Looking ahead towards the end of the year... love the spring retreat as I get many gifts etc sorted for Christmas and end of year thank you's for teachers and I really enjoy the company of wonderfully creative and friendly people!

What are your thoughts? Do we look at doing something again? No? Yes? I already have an uber talented lady keen to do a workshop on herbal skin care type products - would make wonderful gifts! But with teaching full time I don't have the time needed to put into running something special. Anyone keen to help out/take over? organise part of it? do the food? What's a fair cost for the weekend? How much would you pay to do workshops?

When would suit best: September? October? November?

Would love to know....

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of this, but to be honnest that time of the year is a real struggle for us, as we have lambing tailing and weaning all between september and Christmas. Let me know what you all decide and if I can make it I will.
Aghh, forgotten my password etc LOL

Bronny :)

Anna said...

november november november - hehehe then i can come (how selfish is that)!!!! Ax

Sandra said...

Hi Lara
I really enjoyed coming down to beautiful Queenstown for this last year and had every intention to make it down again (Winter doesn't do it for me lol) DH was keen too, however with the major alterations to our house, and he has scored a (voluntary) role as Photo Manager at the world rowing champs at the end of October for 2 weeks, looks like it won't be a happening thing I'm sorry.
I hope you find someone to help as it is a great venue, and a good time of year to get those end of year projects done.

Sandra

Anonymous said...

yeap I would love to go again
CAROL

Kim said...

I'm keen, and I will make Julie come too! I'm willing to help out, and I would love to do Janine's workshop!!! November is prob good for me but I am easy. Depending on numbers, could it be a weekend away scrapping rather than a huge event? I certainly appreciate all the effort you put into these Lara, and all the special touches - it is awesome! But maybe we could make it lower key?

Anonymous said...

Yes would love a Spring retreat. Novemebr sounds good to me & ditto to what Kimmy said. I really appreciate all the time & effort you put into these events :-)

Anonymous said...

Yes would love a Spring retreat. Novemebr sounds good to me & ditto to what Kimmy said. I really appreciate all the time & effort you put into these events :-)

KiwiMich said...

I'm keen to come, probably Novemer would be best for me! Am happy to help out where I can.